The Principals Academy
The Principals Academy is Zweig Group’s crash course in all aspects of managing a professional service firm.
The Principals Academy is Zweig Group’s flagship training program encompassing all aspects of managing a professional AEC service firm. It’s the most impactful two days you can spend learning about principal leadership, financial management, recruiting, marketing, business development, and project management.
The program is presented by a team of speakers—including Zweig Group Founder and Chairman Mark Zweig and President and CEO Chad Clinehens—with extensive experience working with and for A/E firms. The Zweig Group team has a clear understanding of what it takes to lead and grow a firm. The Principals Academy is continuously updated with the latest approaches to leading a successful firm with an expanded focus on business development, strategic planning, and financial management. The Principals Academy is like a two-day MBA for design and technical professionals and is the most impactful two days you can spend learning to build your career and your firm.
The two-day agenda covers several critical areas of business management from the unique perspective of architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting firms, and is presented in tutorial and case study workshop sessions.
- What it means to be a principal
- Business Planning
- Recruiting and retention
- Firm ownership and transition
- Cocktail reception
- Financial management
- Project management
- Management and leadership
- Business development and sales
- M&A in an hour
- How to lead a successful firm
- Principals roundtable
* Breakfast and lunch is provided both days
Who should attend:
- Presidents, CEOs, CFOs, and COOs of architecture, engineering, planning, environmental consulting, and construction businesses
- AEC firm owners
- Experienced principals looking to enhance their knowledge
- Legal, accounting, insurance, consulting, and advisors specialized in the AEC industry
- Associates and recently-named principals
- Department, division and branch managers
- Project Managers and senior design and technical staff
Why attend Principals Academy:
- Learn what it takes to be a successful leader in this business
- Hear about industry best practices that the most-successful firms use to stay on top
- Gain a broader perspective on AEC firm management
- Return armed with leadership and teambuilding strategies to share with other principals, managers, and staff
You will learn about these critical elements of firm performance:
- How to develop a business plan that will help your firm succeed
- The fundamentals of sound financial management
- The keys to managing projects efficiently and profitably
- How to find and keep top-level talent
- How to ensure the firm’s survival through an ownership transition
Unique Feature: Career and Firm Growth Roundtable
The Principals Academy program includes an extended Q&A session with industry leader Mark Zweig and the panel of speakers. The Principals Academy provides the attendees with an opportunity to discuss in-depth the issues facing them at their firms with advice offered from industry leading experts.
Your course fee includes:
- A comprehensive seminar workbook
- Special discount on all Zweig Group survey and publications
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments
- Access to discounted rate on hotel lodging once registered for event (Dallas: $159, Seattle: $269, Minneapolis: $249, & NYC: $229)
- Open-bar cocktail and networking reception at the conclusion of the first day
- *Registration fee does NOT include hotel lodging.
Continuing education credits!
Attendees of The Principals Academy earn 12 PDH / 1.2 CEUs
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects.
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
April 24-25, 2019 | Dallas
June 5-6, 2019 | Seattle
July 17-18, 2019 | Minneapolis
Oct.31-Nov.1, 2019 | NYC