More from this collection
Project Management for AEC Professionals - VIRTUAL SEMINAR
With the uncertainty of traveling to In-Person events, Zweig Group has created a NEW virtual seminar program perfect for upcoming and current project managers. This is a 6 week program of 1 hour each week live zoom meetings with our seminar instructors. These meetings will be a mix of presentations, discussions, and open ended Q&A sessions, with the ability to continue the discussion via discussion forum from week to week. This will be the same great content that is taught during our in-person Project Management for AEC Professionals seminar. This program will have a limit of 30 participants so each participant will have time to ask questions and get the same cohort feel as an in-person seminar does.
A new seminar for project managers led by panel of 3 experts backed by a ton of research on how to best train project managers to be more effective and efficient.
This training course covers the critical focus areas every AEC Industry project manager should be familiar with and is presented in lecture, tutorial, individual exercises, and case study workshop sessions. Attendees will leave armed with a comprehensive understanding of the characteristics, skills, and techniques successful project managers must have to flourish in their role.
Each team member brings their own unique experiences and skillset to project teams. Effectively leveraging the talents of your team can optimize team effectiveness. Project Management for AEC Professionals provides people-focused, science-driven practical skills to help project leaders harness the power of their team. By addressing the most important aspects of any project – the people – this course will provide practical techniques that can be immediately implemented for a positive impact on any AEC team or business.
AEC Professionals are extensively trained on technical skills and less so on how to manage a team. However, with rapidly evolving technology, increasing fee pressure, multi-generational teams, and many other challenges, effective team leadership in project environments has proven to be the key to thriving in the high-pressure AEC environment. These challenges, coupled with the fact that project managers are often left to learn on the job, leaves new and seasoned leaders left to use a trial and error style team leadership that is prone to missteps. Each decision made can impact profit, risk, and client-relationships. This course will take the guesswork out of leading your team and develop project leaders who are equipped with practical, science-backed skills to empower their teams to achieve and surpass their goals.
- Same content that is taught during the In-Person Project Management for AEC Professionals
- Taking place on a Zoom meeting, participants are able to network with the instructors as well as the other participants
- Cohort-based format with tools that allow for ongoing networking, collaborative problem solving, and discussion for the length of the program
- 6 week program, with 1 hour meetings each week of live content
- 30 participant limit so each attendee will be able to speak with the instructors and have their questions answered
- 6 credit hours
- Participants will have a weekly assignment
- 6 live meetings with the Zweig Group instructors
- The same highly rated seminar content will be taught in the convenience of your own home/office
- Polls, quizzes and interactive material that will keep participants engaged
- Participants will also get the recorded sessions to look back on for years to come
ALL MODULES WILL BE TAKING PLACE ON TUESDAYS FROM 11 AM-12 PM CST
Week One: MODULE ONE - Tuesday, June 30, 2020 from 11 AM-12 PM CST
Week One: MODULE TWO - Tuesday, July 7, 2020 from 11 AM-12 PM CST
Week One: MODULE THREE - Tuesday, July 14, 2020 from 11 AM-12 PM CST
Week One: MODULE FOUR - Tuesday, July 21, 2020 from 11 AM-12 PM CST
Week One: MODULE FIVE - Tuesday, July 28, 2020 from 11 AM-12 PM CST
Week One: MODULE SIX - Tuesday, August 4, 2020 from 11 AM-12 PM CST
- Welcome & Introductions
- Role of the Project Manager: Managing versus Leading
- Developing the Key Competencies of Successful Project Managers
- Tools to Improve Effectiveness
- Neutralizing Common Issues
- Leading Temporary Teams: Competency Alignment in Dynamic Projects
- Project Leadership Mini-Cases
- Troubleshooting Common Obstacles and Barriers to Effective Project Management
- Q&A and Discussion
- Where to go from here? Wrap up.
Who Should Attend:
- Current project management leaders looking to take their performance to the next level
- Professionals wanting to enhance their knowledge of project management
- Design and technical professionals as well as managers, architects, engineers, planners, scientists, surveyors, and designers
- Anyone who aspires to become a project manager in an AEC Firm
What Attendees Will Learn From This Program:
- Understand the multiple roles of the project manager, including project leadership as a key differentiator of successful project managers.
- Understand and develop the key skills and competencies of successful project managers and how to immediately implement your new techniques;
- Develop tools to improve the effectiveness of your teams.
- Learn about common issues, how to identify them, and how to neutralize their impact on your team.
- Develop the ability to identify the project environment and understand which approaches are favored over others for a given project type.
- Create rapid cohesion in your team by successfully building and maintaining trust.
- Practice new skills and approaches in “safe to fail” mini cases based on actual scenarios from real life projects.
This program will be taught by the Start 2 Rise, LLC team. Instructor bios below.
Justin Smith, SE, PE, MBA
Justin Smith, SE, PE, MBA is a subject matter AEC leadership and project management expert with a proven track record of business growth and profitability in diverse and highly technical programs. Having led teams successfully completing high pressure projects throughout the country and internationally, he is no stranger to the challenges that organizational leaders and team leaders in the AEC industry face.
Having held nearly every role that exists in a modern AEC firm, Mr. Smith brings a practitioner’s eye to consulting and training and regularly offers his expertise to firms, universities, and professional organizations looking to develop skills and offerings that provide a competitive advantage for talent. Mr. Smith has consulted on projects and with companies on matters including workplace culture improvement, leadership development challenges, business system implementations, and project leadership for highly technical subject matters.
Noelle Smith, PhD
Noelle Smith, PhD is a clinical psychologist, data analyst, and expert in the field of behavior change. Dr. Smith has been leading and transforming teams for almost two decades. She is no stranger to the pressure to perform and the leadership skills needed to transform organizations and teams, as she was a nationally and world-ranked athlete and also served as the captain of the Harvard Women’s Swimming and Diving Team.
She is a data expert and has over twenty peer-reviewed publications, many for which she served as lead investigator and data analyst. She has helped AEC industry leaders identify the needs of their companies and identify highly targeted, empirically based strategies to address their problem areas, including difficulties with personnel management, project management, leadership, growth management, risk mitigation, and other critical areas often plaguing AEC firms. Dr. Smith relies on evidence-based approaches and the empirical literature to understand problems and challenges facing various industries today and has had great success implementing strategies to successfully transform individuals, teams, and organizations.
David Rozek, PhD
David Rozek, PhD, is a clinical psychologist with expertise in implementation science, training and mentoring, and emotional intelligence. He has designed and implemented interventions targeted to increase the effectiveness and cohesion of teams.
Dr. Rozek uses cutting-edge research in combination with AEC executives to approach problems in a collaborative fashion where executives are experts on their companies and Dr. Rozek is an expert on change - together they can work to change their business. He has a proven track record in supporting leaders to maximize their own potential through connecting intuition and data to make the best decisions. Dr. Rozek has worked with all levels of organizations to create training programs and interventions to maximize team productivity. His overall goal is to help companies build lasting programs that will unleash the power of their people.
$499/participant and a discount of 20% off each registration if a firm registers 3 or more people. Use discount code VIRTUALPM for 20% off 3 or more registrations at checkout.
Attendees of this seminar earn 6 LU/6 PDH/.6 CEU of continuing education credits!
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects, and SMPS.