More from this collection
M&A Next - VIRTUAL SYMPOSIUM (Starting October 22, 2020)
Led by Jamie Claire Kiser, Managing Principal, Zweig Group
Reserve your seat at the table as Zweig Group’s thought leaders share insights and valuable context gained from working with AEC firms of all sizes across the country and provide deep learning through an engaging experience focused on current and “next” practices in the world of AEC industry M&A. This fully virtual symposium is designed to provide M&A education and practical application through expert panel conversation and focused research and insights to connect leaders from across the country.
AEC firm leaders and partners with all levels of experience in M&A will benefit from this mix of education, practical application, and panels with seasoned experts. The format of this event is designed to start with Zweig Group’s data and expertise and take it down from the academic to the practical as we explore topics including COVID-related valuation impacts, negotiation and relationship building, best practice letters of intent, data considerations, and proactive integration strategies.
You will end the symposium better informed about the opportunities for M&A and better equipped to manage the M&A process with confidence. This fully virtual “conference-in-a-conference” will take place within Zweig Group’s ElevateAEC Virtual Experience. The M&A Next Symposium is presented in partnership with sponsor Unanet/Clearview and will be conducted in four hour-long sessions conducted once per week, beginning Thursday, October 22nd and concluding Thursday, November 12th.
Speakers include AEC firm leaders, investors, and advisors, bringing combined wisdom gained from hundreds of transactions:
- Essi Najafi, Managing Principal – Salas O’Brien
- Darin Anderson, CEO – Salas O’Brien
- Lucas Hayden, Director of Product Marketing - Unanet A/E, powered by Clearview
- Peter Devereaux, Chairman and CEO - HED
- Philip Smith, Endurance Partners
- Peter Grupp, Associate Attorney, Lawson and Weitzen, LLP
- Tracey Eaves, Valuation Advisory – Zweig Group
- Jamie Claire Kiser, Managing Principal – Zweig Group
- Four week program, with one hour meetings each week of live content
- Taking place on a Zoom meeting, participants are able to network with the instructors as well as the other participants
- Four credit hours
- Participants will also get the recorded sessions to look back on for years to come
- Module One: Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CT
- Module Two: Thursday, October 29th, 2020 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CT
- Module Three: Thursday, November 5th, 2020 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CT
- Module Four: Thursday, November 12th, 2020 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CT
Module One: State of the AEC M&A Climate, Keys to Success: Hot Takes & Private Equity Perspectives,
Philip Smith, Endurance Partners
Jamie Claire Kiser, Zweig Group
Module Two: Data Considerations for M&A & EBITDAC: Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization, and COVID-19
Lucas Hayden, Unanet A/E
Rob Wintz, Unanet A/E
Growth through acquisition is a common strategy in today’s A/E market. For firms that adopt this strategy, a key consideration is how to handle the data involved in an acquisition. In this session, we’ll talk through some of the key decision points related to acquired data and the implications that follow.
Please list 4-6 take-aways the viewer can expect to learn from this session.
- Understanding the pro, cons and risks of Data Merger vs Migration
- Primary Drivers for handling data and their Implications
- Accounting & Operational Considerations
- Common Issues to Avoid
Module Three: Letter of Intent: The Framework of the Deal
Peter Grupp, Lawson & Weitzen
Module Four: Anatomy of a Deal: A Conversation Six Months Post-Closing & Closing Remarks
Essi Najafi, Salas O’Brien
Darin Anderson, Salas O’Brien
Jamie Claire Kiser, Zweig Group
Module One: Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CT
- 12:00-12:30pm: State of the AEC M&A Climate, Jamie Claire Kiser, Zweig Group
- 12:30-12:40pm: Keys to Success: Hot Takes
- 12:40-1:00pm: Private Equity Perspectives, Philip Smith, Endurance Partners
Module Two: Thursday, October 29th, 2020 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CT
- 12:00-12:30pm: EBITDAC: Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization, and COVID-19, Tracey Eaves, Zweig Group
- 12:30-1:00pm: Data Considerations for M&A, Lucas Hayden, Unanet/Clearview
Module Three: Thursday, November 5th, 2020 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CT
- 12:00-12:30pm: Letter of Intent: The Framework of the Deal, Peter Grupp, Lawson & Weitzen
Module Four: Thursday, November 12th, 2020 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CT
- 12:00-12:30pm: Anatomy of a Deal, Essi Najafi, Salas O’Brien, Darin Anderson, Salas O’Brien
- 12:30-12:50pm: Keys to Success: Hot Takes
- 12:50-1:00pm: Closing Remarks, Jamie Claire Kiser, Zweig Group
Attendees of this seminar earn 4 LU/4 PDH/.4 CEU of continuing education credits!
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the AIA, and SMPS.
Unanet is a leading provider of ERP solutions purpose-built for Government Contractors, A/E, and Professional Services. More than 2,000 project-driven organizations depend on Unanet to turn their information into actionable insights, drive better decision-making, and nurture business growth.