The Principals Academy - VIRTUAL SEMINAR
This is a three-week program of four hours each week of live Zoom meetings with our seminar instructors. These meetings will be a mix of presentations as well as open-ended Q&A sessions. This will be the same great content that is taught during our in-person The Principals Academy seminar that has trained over 900 attendees in the last 5 years.
The Principals Academy is Zweig Group’s flagship training program encompassing all aspects of managing a professional AEC service firm. Elevate your ability to lead and grow your firm with this program designed to inspire and inform existing and emerging AEC firm leaders in key areas of firm management leadership, financial management, recruiting, marketing, business development, and project management. Learning and networking at this premiere event challenges traditional seminar formats and integrates participatory idea exchange led by Zweig Group’s CEO Chad Clinehens, PE, and Zweig Group's Managing Principal, Jamie Claire Kiser, as well as the firm’s top line up of advisors.
Zweig Group’s leadership team draws from our 30+ year history working with AEC firms to teach the latest approaches to managing and operating successful firms – using our comprehensive data set of industry benchmarks and best practices. The Principals Academy is like a mini-MBA for design and technical professionals and is an impactful way you can spend learning to build your career and your firm.
- Three-week program, with two, two-hour meetings each week of live content
- The same content that is taught during the in-person The Principals Academy seminar
- Taking place on live Zoom meetings, participants are able to network with the instructors as well as the other participants
- 12 credit hours
- Space is limited for this program to keep a cohort-style learning environment. Register now to secure your place.
- Six live meetings with the Zweig Group instructors
- The same highly-rated seminar content will be taught in the convenience of your own home/office
- Polls, quizzes and interactive material that will keep participants engaged
- Participants will also get the recorded sessions to look back on for years to come
- A comprehensive seminar workbook
FEBRUARY SESSION SCHEDULE:
Pre-Seminar Meet & Greet Happy Hour - Wednesday, January 27, 2021 from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM CT
MODULE ONE: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM CT
MODULE TWO: Thursday, February 4, 2021, from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM CT
MODULE THREE: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM CT
MODULE FOUR: Thursday, February 11, 2021, from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM CT
MODULE FIVE Tuesday, February 16, 2021, from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM CT
MODULE SIX: Thursday, February 18, 2021, from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM CT
MAY SESSION SCHEDULE:
Pre-Seminar Meet & Greet Happy Hour - Monday, May 3, 2021 from 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM CT
MODULE ONE: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM CT
MODULE TWO: Thursday, May 6, 2021, from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM CT
MODULE THREE: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM CT
MODULE FOUR: Thursday, May 13, 2021, from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM CT
MODULE FIVE Tuesday, May 18, 2021, from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM CT
MODULE SIX: Thursday, May 20, 2021, from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM CT
Chad Clinehens, President & CEO, Zweig Group
Jamie Claire Kiser, Managing Principal, Advisory Services, Zweig Group
Chad Coldiron, Director, Executive Search, Zweig Group
Phil Keil, Director, Strategic Services, Zweig Group
Will Swearingen, Director, Ownership Transition, Zweig Group
Dawson Fercho, Vice President, CTA
- What It Means to be A Principal/Owner/Leader
- Strategic Business Planning
- Driving Financial Results
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Recruiting & Retention
- Leadership for Principals
- Firm Ownership & Transition
- Basics of Business Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- How to Lead a Successful Firm
- Tax Strategies to Improve Your Bottom Line
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- AEC C-suite & firm owners
- Experienced principals looking to enhance their knowledge
- Legal, accounting, insurance, consulting, and advisors specialized in the AEC industry
- Emerging firm leaders and recently-named principals
- Department, division, and branch managers
- Project Managers and senior design/technical staff
WHY THE PRINCIPALS ACADEMY?
- Learn what it takes to be a successful leader in the AEC industry
- Hear about industry best practices that the most successful firms use to stay on top
- Gain a broader perspective on AEC firm management
- Learn leadership and team-building strategies to share at your firm
- Discuss how business planning will help your firm succeed
- Explore the fundamentals of sound financial management
FEEDBACK FROM PAST ATTENDEES:
- “Great course, each presenter was very knowledgeable and I often shared a summary of key points immediately with management or other employees. Well worth our time, thank you!”
- “It was an excellent principal course for running an AEC firm.”
- “It was great hearing the high level perspectives from the Zweig staff and their ability to bring real world experience to the topics was very helpful.”
“Everything about Ownership and being a Principal was well organized into one comprehensive seminar. The topics and presenters were well organized. I recommend this course to new owners/principals coming in, and as refresher course to existing AE business owners for reviewing best practices.”
UNIQUE FEATURE: Career and Firm Growth Roundtable
The Principals Academy program includes an extended Q&A session with industry leaders Chad Clinehens, PE, Jamie Claire Kiser, and the panel of instructors. The Principals Academy provides attendees with an opportunity to discuss in-depth the issues facing them at their firms with advice offered from industry-leading experts.
GROUP DISCOUNTS: 15% off three or more attendees
Firms who register three or more attendees will receive a discount of 15% off each registration. Use discount code “VIRTUALTPA” for 15% off three or more registrations at checkout. If you have a group larger than 10, please contact email@example.com for a custom group bundle discount.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: Attendees of this seminar earn 12 LU/12 PDH/1.2 CEU of continuing education credits
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
To be notified of future seminar dates, inquire about group pricing, In-House training options or for immediate assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Zweig Group team at 800.466.6275.