More from this collection
The Principals Academy - VIRTUAL SEMINAR (Starting June 17, 2020)
**NOTE: This program has official SOLD OUT. We are working to schedule our next virtual session, please email email@example.com to be notified when the next session becomes available.
With the uncertainty of traveling to In-Person events, Zweig Group has created a NEW virtual seminar program. This is a 6 week program of 2 hours each week of a live zoom meeting with our seminar instructors. These meetings will be a mix of presentations as well as open ended Q&A sessions. This will be the same great content that is taught during our in-person The Principals Academy seminar that has trained over 800 attendees in the last 5 years. This program will have a limit of 30 participants so each participant will have time to ask questions and get the same cohort feel as an in-person seminar does.
The Principals Academy is Zweig Group’s flagship training program encompassing all aspects of managing a professional AEC service firm. Elevate your ability to lead and grow your firm with this program designed to inspire and inform existing and emerging AEC firm leaders in key areas of firm management leadership, financial management, recruiting, marketing, business development, and project management. Learning and networking at this premiere event challenges traditional seminar formats and integrates participatory idea exchange led by Zweig Group’s CEO Chad Clinehens, PE, and Zweig Group's Managing Principal, Jamie Claire Kiser, as well as the firm’s top line up of advisors. Zweig Group’s leadership team draws from our 30+ year history working with AEC firms to teach the latest approaches to managing and operating successful firms – using our comprehensive data set of industry benchmarks and best practices. The Principals Academy is like a mini-MBA for design and technical professionals and is the most impactful two days you can spend learning to build your career and your firm.
- 6 week program, with 2 hour meetings each week of live content
- Same content that is taught during the In-Person The Principals Academy seminar
- Taking place on a Zoom meeting, participants are able to network with the instructors as well as the other participants
- 30 participant limit, register ASAP!
- 12 credit hours
- Participants will have a weekly assignment
- 6 live meetings with the Zweig Group instructors
- 30 participant limit so each attendee will be able to speak with the instructors and have their questions answered
- The same highly rated seminar content will be taught in the convenience of your own home/office
- Polls, quizzes and interactive material that will keep participants engaged
- Participants will also get the recorded sessions to look back on for years to come
Week One: MODULE ONE - Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Week Two: MODULE TWO - Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Week Three: MODULE THREE - Wednesday, July 1 2020
Week Four: MODULE FOUR - Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Week Five: MODULE FIVE - Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Week Six: MODULE SIX - Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Chad Clinehens, President & CEO, Zweig Group
Jamie Claire Kiser, Managing Principal, Advisory Services, Zweig Group
Chad Coldiron, Director, Executive Search, Zweig Group
Phil Keil, Director, Strategic Services, Zweig Group
Will Swearingen, Director, Ownership Transition, Zweig Group
Discussion Topics Include:
- What it Means to be a Principal
- Business Planning
- Financial Operations Part I – Accounting
- Financial Operations Part II – Financial Management
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Recruiting & Retention
- Leadership for Principals
- Firm Ownership & Transition
- Basics of Business Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- How to Lead a Successful Firm
Who Should Attend?
- AEC C-suite & firm owners
- Experienced principals looking to enhance their knowledge
- Legal, accounting, insurance, consulting, and advisors specialized in the AEC industry
- Emerging firm leaders and recently-named principals
- Department, division, and branch managers
- Project Managers and senior design/technical staff
Why The Principals Academy?
- Learn what it takes to be a successful leader in the AEC industry
- Hear about industry best practices that the most successful firms use to stay on top
- Gain a broader perspective on AEC firm management
- Learn leadership and team-building strategies to share at your firm
- Discuss how business planning will help your firm succeed
- Explore the fundamentals of sound financial management
Unique Feature: Career and Firm Growth Roundtable
The Principals Academy program includes an extended Q&A session with industry leaders Chad Clinehens, PE, Jamie Claire Kiser, and the panel of instructors. The Principals Academy provides attendees with an opportunity to discuss in-depth the issues facing them at their firms with advice offered from industry-leading experts.
Attendees of The Principals Academy earn 12 LU/12 PDH/1.2 CEU of continuing education credits!
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects, and SMPS.