More from this collection
Elevate Learning Series: The Basics of Business Development
DATE | LOCATION
- February 27 | Seattle, Washington
- March 26 | Washington, D.C.
During the next 10 years, over 50% of architectural, engineering, and construction firms are expected to increase their use of doer-sellers. “The Basics of Business Development” is designed specifically for technical professionals in AEC firms. Upon completion of this program, participants walk away with marketing and business development skills and techniques they can immediately put to action. Using research and case studies from the most successful firms, this course empowers attendees grow in their careers as they help grow their firms.
- Learn the differences between branding, marketing and business development
- Understand how a strategic business development process can drive firm growth
- Learn to maximize client relationship from behind the desk
- Learn the steps to create an individual business development plan
Schedule at a Glance:
- 8:00 am – 8:15 am Networking Breakfast
- 8:15 am – 8:45 am Welcome / Introductions / Icebreaker
- 8:45 am – 9:45 am Branding, Marketing, BD – What’s the difference?
- 9:45 am – 10:00 am Break
- 10:00 am – 11:30 am Score more work through a strategic BD approach
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm Lunch
- 12:00 pm – 1:45 pm Maximizing Client Relationships
- 1:45 pm – 2:00 pm Break
- 2:00 pm – 3:45 pm Individual BD Planning
- 3:45 pm – 4:00 pm Celebrate
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Business Developers
- Project Managers
- Technical team members interacting with clients
Jen Newman, Managing Director, Zweig Group
Jen draws from her 20 + years of AEC-industry experience to help firms grow their people and profits. To Jen, there is no greater satisfaction than helping others achieve their goals. She has developed a reputation for helping organizations improve processes, create better leaders, train and retain talent, convert doers into successful doer-sellers, differentiate through client experience, create award winning campaigns, increase brand loyalty and develop winning strategies that lead to successful firm growth. She works with every client to develop recommendations for customized programs and services specific to their needs. With an energetic and enthusiastic style, she makes growth fun.
COURSE FEE INCLUDES:
- A comprehensive seminar workbook
- Special discount on all Zweig Group survey and publications
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments
- Access to a discounted rate on hotel lodging once registered for the event
*Registration fee does NOT include hotel lodging.
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON - FEBRUARY 27, 2020:
Venue: Impact Hub Seattle: 220 2nd Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104
Lodging: We have partnered with the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square Hotel for a discounted rate for attendees. Use the following link to book your discounted rate: Book your group rate for Zweig Elevate Learning Series Room Block Or call 206.625.1111 to make your reservation.
*Deadline for discounted rate is January 28th, 2020*
WASHINGTON D.C. - MARCH 26, 2020:
Venue: District Architecture Center, Room: Hickok Cole, 421 7th St, NW, Washington, DC 20004
Lodging: More information coming soon.
Attendees of this training seminar earn 6 LU/6 PDH/.6 CEU of continuing education credits.
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects, and SMPS.