More from this collection
Project Management for AEC Professionals - VIRTUAL SEMINAR (Starting April 7, 2021)
A new training for project managers led by a panel of three experts backed by a ton of research on how to best train project managers to be more effective and efficient.
Each team member brings their own unique experiences and skillset to project teams. Effectively leveraging the talents of your team can optimize team effectiveness. Project Management for AEC Professionals provides people-focused, science-driven practical skills to help project leaders harness the power of their team. By addressing the most important aspects of any project – the people – this course will provide practical techniques that can be immediately implemented for a positive impact on any AEC team or business.
AEC professionals are extensively trained on technical skills and less so on how to manage a team. However, with rapidly evolving technology, increasing fee pressure, multi-generational teams, and many other challenges, effective team leadership in project environments has proven to be the key to thriving in the high-pressure AEC environment. These challenges, coupled with the fact that project managers are often left to learn on the job, leaves new and seasoned leaders left to use a trial and error style team leadership that is prone to missteps. Each decision made can impact profit, risk, and client-relationships. This course will take the guesswork out of leading your team and develop project leaders who are equipped with practical, science-backed skills to empower their teams to achieve and surpass their goals.
WHY THIS COURSE?
- 94% of attendees would recommend this course to other Project Managers.
- 97% of attendees state that the skills learned in this course will help them to better lead their team.
- 96% of attendees state that the course helped them develop skills to be a more effective Project Manager.
“What would you tell others about this course?”
- “Probably the best project management course I’ve taken.”
- “This is a great course for project managers and others to learn new skills to implement to become more effective in the AEC environment.”
- “The course was very skills focused and provided actionable things to do, unlike some courses that stay ‘big picture.’”
- “Do it. It’s awesome.”
- “Worth the time. High value course for anyone doing Project Management.”
- “Well worth your time.”
- “The people hosting the course are real, honest, and interesting to listen to. Very helpful.”
- “Very engaging and lots of practical tools.”
- “The single best PM course I’ve taken (and I’ve taken many). It was focused, on-topic, and applicable.”
- “Take it!”
FORMAT AND CONTENT:
This is a four-week program consisting of four ninety-minute live, virtual modules, one module per week, led by the seminar instructor team. These meetings will be a mix of presentations, discussions, and open-ended Q&A sessions. This is the same great content that is taught during our in-person Project Management for AEC Professionals seminar. This course is taught by Zweig Group’s strategic partner; Start 2 Rise.
This training course covers the four critical focus areas every AEC Industry project manager should be familiar with: Time and Task Management, Communication, Team Leadership, and Problem Solving/Conflict Resolution. The course is presented in lectures, tutorials, individual exercises, role plays, and case study workshop sessions. Attendees will leave armed with a comprehensive understanding of the foundational characteristics, skills, and techniques successful project managers must have to succeed in their role.
This course is taught by Zweig Group’s strategic partner; Start 2 Rise.
- Same content that is taught during the In-Person Project Management for AEC Professionals
- Taking place on a Zoom meeting, participants are able to network with the instructors as well as the other participants
- Cohort-based format with tools that allow for ongoing networking, collaborative problem solving, and discussion for the length of the program
- Four-week program, with one and a half-hour meetings each week of live content
- Six credit hours
- Space is limited for this program to keep a cohort-style learning environment. Register now to secure your place.
- NOTE: This virtual seminar will not be recorded. Attendance for each module is highly encouraged as you will need to be present in order to fill professional development credits.
- Four live meetings with the Start 2 Rise instructors
- The same highly-rated seminar content will be taught in the convenience of your own home/office
- Polls, quizzes and interactive material that will keep participants engaged
- Four, one and a half-hour live group lessons that blend up to date industry data with empirically supported methods and techniques, delivered by expert instructors. This course is based on the latest in adult learning methodologies, including interactive polling, discussion, reflection, and open forum Q&A opportunities.
- Continuous electronic access to instructors for the duration of the course to ask questions and troubleshoot performance issues.
- *Unlike most Zweig Group virtual seminars, this course does NOT include recordings of the modules*
MODULE ONE: Time and Task Management
Wednesday, April 7th, 2021 from 11:00 AM-12:30 PM CT
MODULE TWO: Project Leader Communication
Wednesday, April 14thth, 2021 from 11:00 AM-12:30 PM CT
MODULE THREE: Project Leadership
Wednesday, April 21st, 2021 from 11:00 AM-12:30 PM CT
MODULE FOUR: Problem Solving and Conflict Management
Wednesday, April 28th, 2021 from 11:00 AM-12:30 PM CT
- Welcome & Introductions
- The Science of Project Management
- Developing the Key Competencies of Successful Project Managers
- Time and Task Management
- The 5 Critical Pieces of Project Leader Communication
- Project Leadership and Team Building
- Problem Solving
- Introduction to Conflict Management
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Introduction to Advanced Topics
- Tools to Improve Effectiveness
- Neutralizing Common Issues
- Troubleshooting Common Obstacles and Barriers to Effective Project Management
- Q&A and Discussion
- Where to go from here? Wrap up.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Current project management leaders looking to take their performance to the next level
- Professionals wanting to enhance their knowledge of project management
- Design and technical professionals as well as managers, architects, engineers, planners, scientists, surveyors, and designers
- Anyone who aspires to become a project manager in an AEC Firm
WHAT ATTENDEES WILL LEARN FROM THIS PROGRAM:
- Understand the multiple roles of the project manager, including project leadership as a key differentiator of successful project managers.
- Understand and develop the key skills and competencies of successful project managers and how to immediately implement your new techniques.
- Develop tools to improve the effectiveness of your teams.
- Learn about common issues, how to identify them, and how to neutralize their impact on your team.
- Develop the ability to identify the project environment and understand which approaches are favored over others for a given project type.
- Create rapid cohesion in your team by successfully building and maintaining trust.
- Practice new skills and approaches in “safe to fail” exercises led by course instructors.
Organizations that register three (3) or more attendees for the program receive their choice of complimentary bonus offers from Zweig Group and Start 2 Rise, including:
- Complimentary virtual training session of your choice for up to 50 attendees from the registering organization.
- Implementation session with the registered attendees and their project teams to aid in embedment of the new tools and new skills within their organization.
- Problem-solving session with the attendees, their teams, or other representatives of the organization to assist the organization in solving any Project Management-related problem that the organization is facing.
- Facilitated team debrief with one team from the registering organization on a live project that the organization is currently completing.
Attendees of this seminar earn 6 LU/6 PDH/.6 CEU of continuing education credits.
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects.
To be notified of future seminar dates, inquire about group pricing, In-House training options or for immediate assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Zweig Group team at 800.466.6275.