More from this collection
Excellence in Project Management
EXCELLENCE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
A seminar designed to improve the effectiveness of Project Managers.
TIME | DATE | LOCATION | VENUE8:30 AM - 4 PM | March 26 | Fayetteville | Fayetteville Town Center (Meeting space: Salon A)
This one-day training course covers the critical focus areas every AEC Industry project manager should be familiar with and is presented in lecture, tutorial, and case study workshop sessions. Attendees will leave armed with a comprehensive understanding of the characteristics, skills, and techniques successful project managers must have to flourish in their role.
Many architects, engineers, planners, and environmental consultants receive little or no training in project management and are expected to produce exceptional designs that are on-time, under budget, and error-free. Add in the desire to maintain stellar client relationships, and many Project Managers feel unequipped to produce desired results. Zweig Group’s Excellence in Project Management Training program is a solution to this common problem.
We start with the role of the project manager and why you have to “want” to be a project manager to have success. Communication is the next area we focus on with an emphasis on how project managers can improve their ability to communicate with external clients and stakeholders and internal team members. We look at the challenges of scope, schedule, and budget, and how small tweaks in your project management process can improve the outcome in these three areas. We also dive into decision making, financial facts, and figures, marketing and business development, how to deal with a crisis, and specific case studies. After this training, attendees will be well equipped to tackle most any project management issue.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Role of the Project Manager
- Understanding Generational Differences
- Decision Making and Risk
- PM Toolbox – Case Study
- High Performing Project Managers
- Where to Go From Here Wrap Up
Who Should Attend:
- Current project management leaders looking to take their performance to the next level
- Professionals wanting to enhance their knowledge of project management
- Design and technical professionals as well as managers, architects, engineers, planners, scientists, surveyors, and designers
- Anyone who aspires to become a project manager in an AEC Firm
Your Course Fee Includes:
A comprehensive seminar workbook, breakfast, lunch, and refreshments during the day.
What Attendees Will Learn From This Program:
- Understand the multiple roles of the project manager
- Develop techniques for leading teams
- Identify tools project managers can use to improve their effectiveness
- Improve performance as a project manager
- Evaluate highly-effective techniques project managers can use to out-perform the competition
- Develop better techniques for managing clients and project partners
- Examine industry best practices that the most-successful firms use to stay on top
Attendees of Excellence in Project Management earn 6 PDH / 0.6 CEUs
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects.