More from this collection
The Principals Academy
**Due to the continuing concerns of the COVID-19, Zweig Group has decided to postpone all in-person seminars to the Spring of 2021. We are diligently working to make all seminars available via virtual offerings. Click here to view online learning opportunities.
The Principals Academy is Zweig Group’s flagship training program encompassing all aspects of managing a professional AEC service firm.
Elevate your ability to lead and grow your firm at this impactful two-day program designed to inspire and inform existing and emerging AEC firm leaders in key areas of firm management leadership, financial management, recruiting, marketing, business development, and project management.
Learning and networking at this premiere event challenges traditional seminar formats and integrates participatory idea exchange led by Zweig Group’s CEO Chad Clinehens, PE, and Zweig Group's Managing Principal, Jamie Claire Kiser. Zweig Group’s leadership team draws from our 30+ year history working with AEC firms to teach the latest approaches to managing and operating successful firms – using our comprehensive data set of industry benchmarks and best practices. The Principals Academy is like a two-day mini-MBA for design and technical professionals and is the most impactful two days you can spend learning to build your career and your firm.
Discussion topics include:
- What it Means to be a Principal
- Business Planning
- Financial Operations Part I – Accounting
- Financial Operations Part II – Financial Management
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Recruiting & Retention
- Leadership for Principals
- Firm Ownership & Transition
- Basics of Business Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- How to Lead a Successful Firm
Who should attend?
- AEC C-suite & firm owners
- Experienced principals looking to enhance their knowledge
- Legal, accounting, insurance, consulting, and advisors specialized in the AEC industry
- Emerging firm leaders and recently-named principals
- Department, division, and branch managers
- Project Managers and senior design/technical staff
Why attend The Principals Academy?
- Learn what it takes to be a successful leader in the AEC industry
- Hear about industry best practices that the most successful firms use to stay on top
- Gain a broader perspective on AEC firm management
- Learn leadership and team-building strategies to share at your firm
- Discuss how business planning will help your firm succeed
- Explore the fundamentals of sound financial management
Unique Feature: Career and Firm Growth Roundtable
The Principals Academy program includes an extended Q&A session with industry leader Chad Clinehens, PE, Jamie Claire Kiser and the panel of instructors. The Principals Academy provides attendees with an opportunity to discuss in-depth the issues facing them at their firms with advice offered from industry-leading experts.
- A comprehensive seminar workbook
- Special discount on all Zweig Group survey and publications
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments
- Access to a discounted rate on hotel lodging once registered for the event
*Registration fee does NOT include hotel lodging.
Attendees of The Principals Academy earn 12 LU/12 PDH/1.2 CEU of continuing education credits!
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects, and SMPS.
Participants in Zweig Group’s Principals, Partners, & Owners Survey will receive a discount of 15% on a registration to this event. Click here to participate.