More from this collection
Learn the Language of Business: Financial Management
DATE | LOCATION | VENUE TBD
- May 27 | Dallas, Texas
- July 14 | Chicago, Illinois
Solid financial management is crucial to the success of any company, and firms in the AEC industry are no exception. This course provides an overview of business financial management – specifically tailored to our industry – to help firm leaders make informed decisions. Topics include: interpreting financial statements; key performance metrics; benchmarking and predictive cash flow management; and how strategic decisions drive the value of the firm.
LEARN THE LANGUAGE OF BUSINESS is a one-day seminar specifically developed to help design and technical professionals become more comfortable dealing with financial management and accounting. This course helps attendees become better stewards of the company’s resources and better understand how to leverage resources and maximize profit.
Discussion topics include:
- Reading and interpreting income statements and balance sheets
- Understanding the differences in cash and accrual accounting
- What fast-growth and high-profit firms do differently in terms of spending, organization, and operations
- Proactive project financial management tips from timesheets to scope creep
- Key financial statements and what they demonstrate
- Understanding key performance metrics essential to your firm
- Strategic cash-flow tips to accelerate collections and control disbursements
- Backlog, pipeline, and cash-flow reporting methods
- Using benchmarking data to guide firm-wide results
- Understanding what drives firm value
- The basics and benefits of open-book management
Who should attend?
AEC professionals seeking to learn financial management best practices AND technical professionals with financial management responsibilities who want to gain a better understanding of the financial factors affecting design-industry firm performance.
Attendees of Learn the Language of Business earn 4.5 PDH /.45 CEU of continuing education credits!
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects.